Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's time...

I want to get a new tattoo, a sleeve, but I'm teetering on the edge of that notion...but I want one really bad. I love my cancer ribbon, but the moment my artist was done, I knew it was just a tad too low on my arm. So I'd like to build around it. I've said in the past that I'd never get one because I can't wear an evening gown and still look classy...but that's what Dermablend is for. ;)


I've been researching half-sleeves. I'm not crazy enough to jump in the deep end and get a full sleeve yet, but by the time I retire, I'd like to have my arm covered from shoulder to wrist. 


Now the question becomes...what to get? Where to start? Aaaargh! And that's where I lose focus and start procrastinating. Also, some tattoos hurt...like a lot. The one on my shoulder blade felt like death becomes me (funny how the person's name that is inked there hurt me more than that tattoo ever could, but whatever). I'm a baby when it comes to pain, yes the girl who's had enough surgery to earn a hospital punch-card doesn't like pain or needles, so I know it's going to take a while to get this art project done. 


I have a hazy idea of what I'd like it to eventually look like. There's a website where folks will give you ideas and designs, so maybe I'll upload my cancer ribbon with a note saying to start there. 


Also...how will mommie dearest react? Oh who am I kidding? She finds a way to complain about everything I do, I'd get it to annoy her just for shits and giggles. My bosses are cool, but they may only be cool with the ribbon showing considering I lived through that shit.


Meh...I'm steadily loafing on this idea, but by the end of the year, I'll have made a bit of progress...;)


*drops mic*

No comments:

Post a Comment